The Department aims to protect the integrity of the nation and better the day-to-day life of the citizens of Mauritius through the formulation and implementation of policies geared towards:
• ensuring that the people in Mauritius feel safe and protected in their homes and day-to-day life particularly through more visible and responsive actions for crime reduction;
• rebalancing the criminal justice system in favour of the law-abiding citizens and victims;
• protecting the country from terrorist attacks;
• rehabilitating offenders in order to protect the public and reduce offending and
• securing the borders of Mauritius to prevent the abuse of immigration laws and managing migration for the benefit of the country.